Shunt Truck Driver
At Niagara Pallet, we value Pride, Results, Respect, Ownership and Teamwork. We hire, manage and reward based on these Core Values. Pride, we're aware of our role, our impact and our contribution
Results, we exceed expectations
Respect, we treat people the way we want to be treated
Ownership, we take responsibility for our actions and outcomes
Teamwork, we are unified in our actions.
Our world economy depends on moving product. As a leading manufacturer, seller and recycler of pallets and shipping materials, Niagara Pallet is focused on providing the materials needed to get products moved, stored and shipped.
We are GROWING rapidly and as a result we have an opportunity to invite a Facility Custodian to join our team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for moving, or 'shunting' empty and loaded trailers from the loading docks to and from the yard. Additionally, responsible for ensuring all trailers are in proper working order prior to being loaded.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shunting trailers and moving box trucks within the yard as required
- Drive trucks and trailers to repair shop when required
- Sweep out trailers and DZ trucks once they are unloaded
- Complete a full inspection on trailers in Geo Tab before moving them into a dock to be loaded/unloaded
- Repair any minor defects and complete appropriate paperwork
- Report any major repairs and tag out the trailer until the repairs are complete
- Remove debris from docks and surrounding areas, both indoor and outdoor after every trailer movement
- Paint rims and bumpers as needed
- Maintain accurate shunting logs
- Assist with snow removal when required
- Maintain routine communication with the Dispatch Supervisor regarding the placement of trailers in docks or yard
- Safely operate vehicle and other machinery in a safe and courteous manner
- Complete daily circle checks for the shunt truck and trailer inspections
- Refuel trucks and ensure they are properly parked at the end of each day
- Perform additional duties as directed.
- Previous shunting or truck driving experience an asset.
- Valid AZ License, clean CVOR and Abstract
- Proficient with backing up
- Able to drive manual transmission
- Able to work efficiently independently
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Shift - Monday - Friday 5:00am to 1:30pm, Off on Weekends!
- Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Details of How to Apply:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org